Terms and Conditions
- The information provided on this web site has been compiled for your convenience. LED Glow Illumination makes no warranties about the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this web site.
- LED Glow Illumination, including its directors, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, contractors, successors and assigns, will not accept any liability for any loss, damage or other injury resulting from its use.
- Links to other web sites are provided for your convenience and LED Glow Illumination is not responsible for the information contained on those web sites. The provision of a link to another web site does not constitute an endorsement or approval of that web site, or any products or services offered on that web site, by LED Glow Illumination. LED Glow Illumination will not accept any liability for the use of those links to connect to web sites that are not under our control.
- LED Glow Illumination, its directors, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, contractors, successors and assigns do not accept any liability:
- for any damages or losses whatsoever, arising out of, or in any way related to, the use of this site and any other site linked to this site.
- the limitation on liability contained in paragraph 4 applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages that you or others may suffer, as well as damages for loss of profit, business interruption or the loss of data or information.
- Some of the software that may be downloaded or accessed from this site (or from links on this site) belongs to third parties and your use of such software is at your risk. Third party software is subject to the license terms issued or declared by the software owner. LED Glow Illumination makes no representation or warranty in relation to third party software.
- To the extent permitted by law, LED Glow Illumination excludes all liability:
- regarding the use or downloading;
- for any damage whatsoever resulting from the use or the downloading, of any software (whether such software is owned by LED Glow Illumination or any third party) accessible from this site.
- LED Glow Illumination holds the copyright to this web site including content and images. LED Glow Illumination grants you a limited license to download this web site for personal use only. You are not permitted to reproduce or alter this web site, or any copy of it including the content and images, for any other purpose without the prior express written consent of LED Glow Illumination.
- LED Glow Illumination reserves the right to make changes, modifications, additions, deletions and corrections to the web site, at any time and without notice.
- To the extent permitted by law, LED Glow Illumination does not make any representations or warranties:
- to the effect that this website is fault free;
- regarding the continual accessibility or reliability of this website at any time;
- as to the appropriateness of the website for your needs.
To the extent permitted by law LED Glow Illumination does not accept liability or responsibility arising in any way (including from LED Glow Illumination’s negligence) for any loss, costs, expenses or damage of any kind (including indirect or consequential losses) arising out of the provision of, use or inability to use this website.
- LED Glow Illumination uses reasonable efforts to maintain this website and related data with safeguards to protect against loss and unauthorised access, misuse, and unlawful or improper disclosure. LED Glow Illumination will store information entered by you in or through this website or accessed by you through this website, however you accept and acknowledge no system or data can be completely protected against all hazards or unauthorised access, and to the extent permitted by law LED Glow Illumination is not liable for any loss occasioned by unauthorised access, misuse or unlawful or improper disclosure of your data.
- LED Glow Illumination does not guarantee the security of transmissions over the internet. LED Glow Illumination shall not be responsible for your access to the internet, for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet, or for changes to or losses of data.
- You must take all necessary measures to stop the introduction or spread of any viruses or any other form of software contamination, into this website when accessing information through this website.
- LED Glow Illumination may, at any time and without notification:
- alter the content or functionality of this website; or
- remove or halt access to this website or any component or function on this website (including protected content).
- LED Glow Illumination (or third parties) may provide you with access to protected or secure functions on this website upon valid user names and pass words being entered by you. You agree that LED Glow Illumination will give access to such functions to any user who enters a valid user identification and password. You acknowledge that LED Glow Illumination is entitled to assume that any information submitted in conjunction with a valid user name and password originates from a properly authorised person, whether or not that is the case and LED Glow Illumination shall not be liable for relying upon such information.
- You must not reveal your user name or password to anyone or let anyone access this website using your user name or password.
- You must keep user names and passwords secure and not share your user account. You are responsible for the security of your passwords and user names. You acknowledge that your failure to keep user names and passwords secure and confidential may result in unauthorised use of the website and unauthorised access to information and other unauthorised transactions. LED Glow Illumination accepts no liability for any failure to keep the user names and passwords secure and confidential.
- The information about your account will only replicate the present state of the account on LED Glow Illumination’s system at the time of access. This information may not necessarily include yet being processed transactions.
External Link Disclaimer
Any links have been provided for your convenience. Web sites which you are transferred to are not controlled by LED Glow Illumination and LED Glow Illumination is not responsible, and does not accept any liability, for the information contained on those web sites. The provision of a link does not constitute an endorsement or approval of that web site or any products or services on that web site.
Updated: March 2014
The Australian Privacy laws changed in March 2014 and requires all businesses that collect personal or sensitive data must do so in compliance with the new Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). This includes your consent for LED Glow Illumination to use your personal details to process and fulfil your order as well as provide ongoing service as a customer.
- Implement practices, procedures and systems that will ensure that we comply with the APPs and any binding registered APP code and
- Be able to deal with privacy related inquiries and complaints in a prompt manner
Note: 'Personal information' is defined in the Act as 'information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- Whether the information or opinion is true or not and
- Whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not
Security of your Personal Information
Kind of personal information LED Glow Illumination collects and holds
LED Glow Illumination collects and holds personal information such as you name, postal address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers and computer cookies. LED Glow Illumination does not retain credit card or bank account details. These details are permanently destroyed by LED Glow Illumination after we process your payment.
How personal information is collected and held
LED Glow Illumination collects and stores your personal information whenever:
- You visit or place an order to purchase a product on www.ledglow.com.au
- You subscribe to our newsletter
- You send us an enquiry form email
- You enter a competition or
- You purchase a gift voucher from us
- You register a commercial account with us
Your personal information is stored and secured using our third party data storage provider.
Purposes for which LED Glow Illumination collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information LED Glow Illumination collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the primary purpose of:
- Processing your order for products
- Ensuring that your products are successfully delivered to you
- Managing and fulfilling product returns or refunds
- Receiving and resolving complaints
- Allowing third party service providers to manage the services provided to you
- Mailing and delivery systems for products you have purchased
- Maintenance and repair services
- Market research;
- Marketing activities conducted by LED Glow Illumination and
- Our professional advisers, accountants, lawyers, auditors
We may also use your personal information for the secondary purpose of sending you offer's to purchase further products or to inform you about competitions that LED Glow Illumination may conduct. Any offers sent to you by LED Glow Illumination will contain a clear and easy-to-read ‘unsubscribe’ button which you can use to stop LED Glow Illumination from sending you such offers in the future.
Accessing and seeking correction of your personal information
Customers can gain access to or seek the correction of the personal information that LED Glow Illumination holds. LED Glow Illumination customers have a right to make a reasonable request for access to their personal information and to request its correction. Requests to access or seek to correct your personal information can be made by email using the email contact form located here. When we receive such a request, we have the right to ask for and obtain your proof of identity in order for you to access and correct personal information.
A person can deal with G by not identifying themselves or using a pseudonym. The circumstances under which a customer can use only a pseudonym are:
(a) Requesting information via the contact us form
(b) Submitting a support request not order or account related.
If you are required to complete an online form which will include your personal information, we will offer you an accessible link to confirm that you have reviewed the notice before providing us with your personal information.
LED Glow Illumination’s access to your information
LED Glow Illumination staff that will have access to your personal information after it is collected will include:
- LED Glow Illumination Administrative
- LED Glow Illumination Warehouse personnel
LED Glow Illumination staff authorised to access your personal information are trained in compliance with the Act and have access only to carry out the primary purpose.
Third Party Access to your information
The following third party recipients may have access to your personal information for the primary purposes noted above:
- Mailing and delivery system providers such as couriers and Australia Post
- Email & newsletter service providers
- Independent reviewing platform providers
- Marketing affiliates
- Maintenance and repair service providers
Length of time Personal Information is retained
LED Glow Illumination will keep and retain your personal information for a period of 10 years, or such other period of time as is required by Law.
Consequences for you if your personal information is not provided to us
If some or all of the personal information that we request is not provided to us, the main consequence is that we may not be able to fulfil your order or to deliver your products to you. Other consequences may include that we might not be able to resolve any issues you may have with LED Glow Illumination.
Using and disclosing personal information for direct marketing
LED Glow Illumination may use or disclose personal information about you for the purpose of direct marketing if:
- LED Glow Illumination collected the information from you
- You would reasonably expect LED Glow Illumination to use or disclose the information for that purpose
- LED Glow Illumination provides you with an option to ‘unsubscribe’ to receiving direct marketing communications from us and
- You have not made such an ‘unsubscribe’ request to us.
Requests by you to stop direct marketing communications
If LED Glow Illumination uses or discloses your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, you may request not to receive direct marketing communications from us. LED Glow Illumination will not charge you for making or giving effect to your data and we will stop sending direct marketing communications within a reasonable period after your request is made (usually within 5 working days from receiving your request).
You may also ask us to identify the source of the personal information. LED Glow Illumination will notify you of the source, unless this is impracticable or unreasonable, which will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The consequences for you if you are not notified of the source
- The length of time that has elapsed since the personal information was collected by us
- The time and cost involved.
Destroying or de-identifying personal information
LED Glow Illumination will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information it holds if it no longer needs the information for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed under the APPs. The requirement to take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify does not apply if personal information is contained in a Commonwealth record, or if an Australian law or a court/tribunal order requires it to be retained.
Verifying your identity
LED Glow Illumination must be satisfied that a request for personal information made by the individual concerned, or by another person who is authorised to make a request on their behalf, for example, as a legal guardian or authorised agent. It would generally be extremely difficult for LED Glow Illumination to deal with an anonymous request for personal information. However, it may be practicable to deal with a pseudonymous request, for example, where you have previously transacted under that pseudonym and can establish your identity as that individual. The steps required for LED Glow Illumination to verify your identity will depend on the circumstances such as whether you are already known to or readily identifiable by LED Glow Illumination. The minimum amount of personal information needed to establish your identity will be sought. In a telephone call LED Glow Illumination may request information that can be checked against records held by us, such as your date of birth or address.
Refusal to give Access
Whilst every effort will be made by LED Glow Illumination to provide access in a manner that is as prompt, uncomplicated and inexpensive as possible, LED Glow Illumination may refuse to give you access to your personal information. There are a number of grounds upon which LED Glow Illumination can refuse to give you access to your personal information. These reasons may include (without limitation):
- If LED Glow Illumination reasonably believes that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety
- Giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals
- The request for access is light-hearted or troublesome
- The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and LED Glow Illumination, and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings
- Giving access would reveal the intentions of LED Glow Illumination in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations
- Giving access would be unlawful
- Denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order
- LED Glow Illumination has reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to LED Glow Illumination functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in and giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter
- Giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body or
- Giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within LED Glow Illumination in connection with a commercially sensitive decision making process
An individual can complain about an alleged breach by LED Glow Illumination of the APPs by sending an email using the contact form located here setting out details of the complaint.
All complaints are required by the Act to be made in writing to LED Glow Illumination and LED Glow Illumination is then allowed a reasonable time (usually 30 days) to respond to complaints. We may ask you to participate in a dispute resolution scheme (such as mediation) in order to resolve your complaint. If you refuse to participate in any form of dispute resolution, you can take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) by calling 1300 363 992 or logging on to the OAIC website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/
Why don't you have a phone number?
LED Glow is an online business and don't employ staff to answer the phone. If you have a question please fill in the contact form and someone from Glow will be happy to answer your question via Email or will give you a call if you prefer to talk to a real person.